A Drug Rehab in Springfield, TN, May Not Be the Answer
Deciding on a drug rehab isn’t a decision to be taken lightly. For starters, you must consider the cost, treatment types and programs offered and the severity of your addiction. Then there is the one that gets more challenging. Location.
Your first thought might be that staying close to home is the best option. However, depending on your triggers and environment, drug rehab in Springfield, TN, may not be the answer.
Staying close to home and the factors that contributed to your addiction could prolong or detour your recovery. Moving outside your comfort zone could be the step to better healthcare, aftercare, and long-term sobriety.
Springfield Drug Addiction Facts by the Numbers
Like many parts of Tennessee, the opioid epidemic has made a home in Springfield. Heroin and fentanyl-related deaths continue to rise. Many overdose-related deaths could have been prevented with proper education and treatment.
Tennessee ranks 15th in the country for the most opioid-related deaths.
Nearly 30% of residents prescribed opioids for pain relief admit abusing them. Not only that, but many end up being sold on the street, contributing to a rise in addiction and crime.
Mental illness commonly occurs alongside substance abuse. 37% of residents who reported drug abuse were also diagnosed with a mental illness. Proper care for medical professionals who understand how to handle both is necessary.
Beyond Springfield: The Advantages of a New Beginning
Distance from local triggers: Staying near home might mean continuously encountering familiar people and places. Taking these triggers out of the equation keeps the focus on your recovery and substance abuse treatment.
Healthy, new routines: Nashville is a clean break. It makes detaching from old habits, often connected to substance abuse, easier for a genuine fresh start.
An emotional reboot: There are proven psychological advantages to getting away for a while. This mindset reset can build a stronger sense of purpose and motivation. You are free of judgment as you grow at our rehab facilities.
Distance from distractions: An invitation to hang out with friends or partake in substance abuse might be a comfortable choice, but it removes you from a chance at recovery. Familiar faces and potentially harmful interactions are behind you at our rehab program.
Southeast Addiction Center Treatment Programs
Our inpatient and outpatient treatment programs center around complete and personal care at each level.
- Starting with our onsite medical detox, we take clients with care through this withdrawal process to stabilization. People going through opioid or alcohol addiction withdrawal can experience a range of distressing symptoms. These include nausea, shaking, vomiting, cold sweats, seizures, heart attack, and stroke.
Our medical team will detox you safely and ease discomfort as much as possible. They may use medication-assisted treatment (MAT) to reduce cravings. These FDA-approved medications can include opioid-receptor blockers, benzos, mood stabilizers, and beta blockers.
- Our partial hospitalization program (PHP) gives you the level of care you deserve. You spend time at our newly renovated treatment facility, surrounded by tranquility. This treatment program focuses on stabilizing mood swings and teaching daily coping strategies. Your medical needs and well-being are closely monitored.
You participate in different activities and our individual and group therapy sessions. After inpatient drug rehab, a solid aftercare plan might include counseling, family therapy, and moving to the intensive outpatient program (IOP) or sober living program.
- Our intensive outpatient program (IOP) is a refined blend of immersive therapy, one-on-one counseling, and practical skill learning. This is the starting point after completing inpatient detox. If you don’t need the rigid 24/7 structure of inpatient, IOP is the best option.
IOP addresses all elements of your addiction. This dual diagnosis includes other drugs and mental health issues. IOP requires fewer hours, so we make the most of these. You also have access to support groups and other treatment services.
- Sober living homes offer structured housing that provides additional accountability through drug tests and curfews. Sober living is often used with PHP and IOP and makes for an easier transition back to daily life and obligations. You can live with others with similar dependencies and receive medical advice from certified staff who answers your concerns.
Southeast Addiction Center Treatment Approaches
You experience a refined blend of evidence-based and experiential therapy in our well-designed treatment programs. Your customized treatment plan includes various treatment options to improve your quality of life. Therapy is an integral part of all of our recovery programs.
- Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing (EMDR) helps remove the power of traumatic memories through sounds, taps, and movements. The brain processes the upsetting memory more neutrally. This reduces the control of traumatic memories over your mind.
- Experiential therapy emphasizes engaging in physical, sensory, and emotional experiences. These promote emotional healing and personal growth. Rather than talking, our experiential therapy encourages clients to participate actively in hands-on activities. Our treatments include role-playing, art, music, or outdoor activities.
Our clients can explore and express their thoughts, feelings, and behaviors. Unresolved emotions and conflicts are often stored in the body. However, by experiencing and processing them in a safe and supportive environment, our clients can gain new insights, increase self-awareness, and develop lifeskills.
- Southeast Addiction Center’s family program recruits the family into the recovery process. Our client selects members of their family that they wish to participate. With our client, those family members attend a session of family therapy. A counselor helps mediate each family therapy session.
- Medication-assisted treatment (MAT) combines prescription medications and counseling to help our clients continue their recovery. MAT programs are effective for overcoming addiction and building a recovering lifestyle. When clients come to us suffering from suicidal ideation and co-occurring substance abuse issues, MAT can help to ease cravings and reduce the risk of relapsing.
By using opioid blockers, we reduce the risk of relapsing in our clients even more.
- We use several different medications for addiction treatment:
- Antidepressants are used to control the nerves that send messages throughout the body. They also regulate serotonin, which stabilizes mood.
- Mood stabilizers control manic or hypomanic episodes. Examples of mood stabilizers include Liithobid, Depakene, Depakote, Tegretol, Equetro, and Lamictal.
- Anti-anxiety medications such as benzodiazepines help with anxiety and improve sleep. These are used on a short-term basis.
Southeast Addiction Center is close enough to Portland for the support of your loved ones, but it is distanced from familiar triggers with the privacy you need. Your home away from home in Nashville is prepared to help you get here if you’re ready for a fresh start.
Finding Drug Rehab Centers in Springfield, TN
There are several reasons why an out-of-state rehab in Nashville is right for you. However, if that’s impossible, we have provided options in Springfield. Our primary concern is that you receive the healthcare you or your loved one needs.
100 NorthCrest Drive, Springfield, TN 37172
Sumner Regional Medical Center
555 Hartsville Pike, Gallatin, TN 37066
TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center
355 New Shackle Island Road, Hendersonville, TN 37075
Tristar Skyline Madison Campus
500 Hospital Drive, Madison, TN 37115
Tennessee Valley Healthcare System – Nashville Campus
1310 24th Ave S, Nashville, TN 37212 Website:
TriStar Centennial Medical Center
2300 Patterson St, Nashville, TN 37203
TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center
391 Wallace Rd, Nashville, TN 37211
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
1211 Medical Center Dr, Nashville, TN 37232
Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital
2000 Church St, Nashville, TN 37236 Website:
Saint Thomas West Hospital
4220 Harding Pike, Nashville, TN 37205
Rehab Centers and Recovery Centers
Addiction treatment center
Drug rehab center specializing in dual diagnosis and mental health
Hope Center Ministries
Recovery services specifically for men
Drug rehab center specializing in alcohol addiction, mental health disorders, substance abuse, and opioid abuse
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) National Helpline
Confidential free help from public health agencies to find substance use treatment and information.
A referral service to addiction treatment for people and their families looking for help for substance use disorder
Tennessee National Rehab Hotline
Available 24/7, the hotline is free and anonymous for any resident to receive assistance with addiction.
DMHSAS 24/7 Helpline
A group dedicated to reducing alcohol consumption statewide and offering free services
Get the Drug Abuse Support You Need
Recovery begins when you ask for help. Whether you are looking for drug rehab in Nashville, TN, for yourself or a loved one, we can help. Let Southeast Addiction Center put our decades of combined experience to work for you.
Contact us at (615) 326-6449 or [email protected]. Your journey to healing starts here.