Is something holding you back? Anxiety disorders can have a significant impact on a person’s life. Living life with anxiety is full of fear, worry, and panic. Southeast Addiction Center in Tennessee understands this. Our anxiety treatment centers in Nashville, TN, will help redefine your life.
We’re an independently owned recovery center. With our years of combined service, we have the expertise to treat anxiety like the serious problem it is. Our anxiety treatment center in Nashville provides proven treatment plans to overcome this complex disorder. You don’t have to struggle through discomfort before getting proper treatment.
Symptoms of Anxiety Disorders
Southeast Addiction Center in Nashville, Tennessee, is a leader in treating drug and alcohol problems. We also help thousands of people suffering from mental health conditions as part of a dual diagnosis.
At our anxiety treatment center in Nashville, Tennessee, we use evidence-based therapies to help our clients learn how to manage their symptoms and cope with the challenges of daily life. We understand that every person’s experience with anxiety is unique, so we work with each individual to create a personalized treatment plan that meets their specific needs. This collaboration ensures you receive effective treatment.
There are several types of anxiety disorders, including:
- Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD): A chronic condition characterized by excessive worry and anxiety about everyday activities, often without any obvious trigger.
- Panic disorder is an anxiety disorder characterized by sudden and intense feelings of terror and physical symptoms like rapid heartbeat, sweating, and shortness of breath.
- Social anxiety disorder: A persistent fear of social situations and being judged or scrutinized by others, leading to avoidance of social situations.
- Specific phobias: Intense, irrational fears of objects or situations, such as heights, spiders, or flying.
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder (OCD) is an anxiety disorder characterized by recurrent, unwanted thoughts or obsessions and repetitive behaviors or compulsions to reduce anxiety.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD): A condition that can develop after experiencing or witnessing a traumatic event, which can cause intrusive thoughts, flashbacks, and avoidance of triggers associated with the event.
The causes of anxiety disorders can vary from person to person and may include genetics, life experiences, and brain chemistry. Substance abuse can also come into play.
People struggling with anxiety often experience intense feelings of fight or flight during even the most ordinary situations. Symptoms like this can get in the way of life.
Some of the most common symptoms associated with anxiety disorders include:
- Headaches, Muscle Aches, or Pain
- Feelings of Worry
- Problems Sleeping
- Pounding Heart
- Chest Pain
People struggling with anxiety also often feel intense feelings of doom or feel out of control for no reason. Intrusive thoughts and repetitive thinking are common. Because anxiety is such a large category, the symptoms vary from person to person.
Anxiety and Substance Use
Anxiety causes powerful feelings and emotions, and the feelings are never pleasant. These unwanted feelings can make some people turn to drugs or alcohol to try to feel better. Whether it’s medication, alcohol, or drugs, some people use these substances to try to cope with anxiety.
If you have both a mental health disorder and a substance use disorder simultaneously, this is called a dual diagnosis or co-occurring disorder.
A closer look at anxiety and substance use disorder in Tennessee:
- According to the Behavioral Health Barometer: Tennessee, Volume 6, anxiety and substance use disorders are prevalent in Tennessee. In Tennessee, 16.8% of adults with a past-year substance use disorder also had a co-occurring anxiety disorder.
- In a 2023 study, 37.3% of adults in Tennessee reported symptoms of anxiety or depressive disorder, compared to 32.3% of adults in the U.S. This shows it’s very likely BPD occurs as well.
- In February 2021, 43.5% of adults in Tennessee reported symptoms of anxiety or depression.
- Anxiety disorders are the most common mental health concern in the United States. Over 40 million adults in the U.S. (19.1%) suffer from them.
- The 2019 National Survey on Drug Use and Health found that 10.1% of Tennessee residents aged 12 or older had a substance use disorder in the past year, and 3.7% had an alcohol use disorder in the past year.
- Anxiety and substance use disorders are among the most frequent psychiatric problems in the United States, with 28.8% and 14.6% lifetime rates, respectively.
Our Anxiety Treatment Programs
We offer robust programs to help people who struggle with mood disorders, such as anxiety. Southeast Addiction Center in Nashville, Tennessee, can help you live better. Our program involves individual therapy sessions and participating in activities that promote wellness. The focus is on finding out what is causing the anxiety and working on improving overall health and happiness.
Our center takes a dual diagnosis treatment approach to anxiety, meaning we also address any co-occurring mental health or substance abuse disorders. We use proven methods to help treat behavioral health. These methods include detox, inpatient, IOP, and PHP.
We utilize methods like this for our anxiety treatment programs:
- Psychotherapy helps clients understand why they feel anxious. Talking to an expert can reduce anxiety in various ways. You learn how anxiety affects your daily life, thoughts, feelings, and relationships. Group therapy and family therapy are also used.
- Medication and cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) can both be used to treat generalized anxiety disorder. The anxiety is treated, not the side effects like nausea from anxiety meds like Benzos. CBT helps change negative thought patterns and teaches coping techniques such as breathing exercises or distraction.
- Desensitization is another method to help clients face and overcome their fears. This involves gradually exposing clients to their fears in a safe and controlled environment to help them build confidence and resilience.
If you or a family member are experiencing anxiety regularly, it is worth exploring treatment as a solution. Our anxiety disorder treatment center gives the level of care you need.
Our Approach To Anxiety Treatment
At Southeast Addiction Center, we create a unique treatment plan just for you. We offer a variety of proven mental health treatment options. These include group therapy, one-on-one talk therapy, EMDR, and holistic practices such as yoga. We pair experiential therapy with our evidence-based treatment. Each person’s plan is tailored to their needs, ensuring the best chance for success.
Anxiety and Substance Use
When someone struggles with a condition that makes everyday life difficult, they may use drugs or alcohol to cope. Anxiety is a mental illness that can cause turmoil and make it hard to enjoy life or maintain relationships.
If someone with anxiety uses drugs to treat their mental health, we also address the addiction. Southeast Addiction Center provides a proper diagnosis to get started. We use various therapies to teach healthy ways of coping with anxiety. We may also prescribe safe medications to manage anxiety when necessary.
Southeast Addiction Center’s Treatment Team
It would be best to have a dedicated team to help you and ensure you get better. Our team consists of medical and addiction experts.
Southeast Addiction Center has the expertise to help those battling with anxiety. We use evidence-based treatments to diagnose and treat anxiety and other related issues. We are committed to serving our clients in this challenging time. Our program and people make us unique.
From start to finish, our focus is on client care and results that change lives. Whether you or a loved one comes to us for care, you can be confident of Southeast Addiction Center’s professionalism and empathy. We welcome the opportunity to be a part of your recovery story. Our track record of success and top-reviewed centers are here to help.
Admissions, Insurance, and Payment Options
We believe everyone should get the help they need for anxiety. We aim to make anxiety treatment affordable and accessible for everyone who needs it.
We make the process as simple as possible. Our team will help you understand how your insurance covers anxiety treatment programs. If you don’t have insurance, we have payment options.
Southeast Addiction Center acknowledges the courage it takes to seek help. We understand that admitting the problem requires a significant change in one’s life. We deliver the highest quality and cost-effective care when you need it most.
Our knowledgeable team is available to answer questions about the program. We believe in compassion and strive to help clients and their loved ones. Our consultation is free, and we can recommend intervention services if needed.
Our admissions team is here to help you or your loved one navigate mental health concerns. They will guide you through making a positive change in your life.
Contact Us and Get Treatment for Anxiety Disorders.
If you’re struggling with anxiety, we can help. Come to Southeast Addiction Center in Nashville to get the support you need. Contact us to learn more about our admission process and how we can assist you. Don’t let the dark cloud of anxiety linger. Step into better days and make a call you won’t regret.
Call us at (615) 326-6449 or email us at [email protected] to take the first step toward healing your anxiety.