Addiction is a complicated disease, and it is often paired with co-occurring disorders that affect a person’s mental health or physical health. Dealing with addiction alone is difficult, but treatment can become tricky when coupled with other conditions. Of the 20 million adults who currently struggle with some form of a substance use disorder, almost 40% also struggle with some type of mental health disorder. Our dual diagnosis treatment program in Nashville, TN exists to fully support these individuals.
Our substance abuse and addiction treatment program works by combing evidence-based and holistic treatment methods in order to address each of our clients as a whole. Our clients work with our treatment team to design a program that best fits their lifestyle and to provide services that address every aspect of their life.
To meet the needs of every person seeking help, we offer a variety of treatment services that we are able to customize to each client’s specific needs. Our programs are flexible and allow us to reach all people in need, regardless of their current home or work situation.
- Partial Hospitalization Program: The highest level of care that we offer is PHP. This program requires that our clients spend a minimum of 30 hours a week in treatment, but they will be able to spend the night in their own homes.
- Intensive Outpatient Program: A step down from PHP, IOP allows clients to continue working, going to school, or taking care of their families while also receiving treatment. The specific schedule depends on each of our client’s needs but includes several hours a week of different forms of therapy.
- Outpatient Treatment: This is our lowest level of care, providing as much or as little as our clients need. Though we do not recommend this as a first step into recovery, we do feel that outpatient care is a great form of maintaining your sobriety long-term.
- Sober Living: Though we do not provide residential treatments, we do offer access to sober living facilities that allow each of our clients the chance to live on-site with other clients just like them.
- Detox: We offer detoxification services to men and women who require this as a first step in their treatment program.
We currently do not offer inpatient care, but if you feel that this is the type of treatment you require, we will help you find a rehab facility that is able to meet this need. Our goal is to connect you with a trustworthy facility that will take care of you, and if that facility cannot be us, then we will still work to connect you to an inpatient facility that is legitimate and safe.
Co-Occurring Mental Disorders We Treat
We also address a long list of mental health issues, including:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- Panic Disorders
If you struggling with eating disorders, mood disorders, post-traumatic stress disorder, or other mental disorders, give us a call and we can accommodate your needs or find another dual-diagnosis substance abuse treatment facility that is better able to meet those needs.
Addictions We Treat
In order to reach all who are in need at our dual diagnosis rehab center, we try to address all types of mental health conditions and addictions. If you or a loved one is in need of help and wondering if we are able to address your needs, give us a call today.
Some of the addictions that we are able to address include addictions to:
- Prescription Painkillers
Each of these addictions requires different treatment plans, a variety of services, and different lengths of care. Each of our clients suffers from different symptoms due to these drugs. Because of this, our first step in addressing co-occurring disorders is to assess the individual client and pinpoint what his or her individual needs and struggles are.
How We Treat Co-Occurring Disorders
We understand that every client walking through our doors may suffer from any combination of the above conditions. Because of this, we work tirelessly to assess your specific needs and create a whole-person plan that combines wellness services, mental health treatment, experiential services, and evidence-based care.
Our clients can choose from a long list of treatment services and integrated treatments. The goal is to treat both the addiction and the mental health conditions simultaneously, allowing for a more effective and successful recovery. The services we offer include:
- Group Therapy: Clients will work in 12-step groups or support groups with specific goals. These groups allow each of our clients to connect with other people just like them, provide comfort to one another, and hold each other accountable throughout this process.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This type of talk therapy is typically completed through individual therapy and addresses the way that a person thinks and behaves based on those thoughts.
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): This type of talk therapy helps people who struggle with emotions feel them and effectively cope with them.
- Relapse Prevention: Clients will work in groups and individually to develop skills that help prevent relapses from occurring. Though we know that our clients will probably always struggle with their disease, we can equip them with the skills to cope.
- EMDR: A type of therapy meant to help individuals struggling with trauma or PTSD.
- Family Therapy: One of the main causes of disorders and addictions stems from the family, whether it be genetics or the ways we were raised. Because of this, it is often important to address the family unit as a whole.
We also offer a long list of holistic services that help our clients develop healthy habits and positive coping skills, both of which can be used to maintain long-term sobriety. The goal is to create a combination of different services in the hopes that the overall wellness of the entire client is emphasized.
Not every treatment will work for every client, so we do prioritize re-evaluations through individual therapy. If something is not working, we will simply adjust and try new therapies or services until we find a plan that is most effective for that specific person.
Why Is Dual Diagnosis Treatment Important?
Dual-diagnosis drug rehab centers are becoming increasingly important as we discover more and more about addiction and co-occurring mental illnesses. Research comes out every single day pointing us toward the direction of more effectively and safely treating addiction, and with that, we are constantly having to change the ways in which we do things.
Combining mental healthcare and addiction treatment through dual diagnosis treatment options helps to treat the entire client. When we combine evidence-based services, interventions, and evidence-based care, we are utilizing every tool available when it comes to addiction treatment.
Benefits of Our Dual Diagnosis Treatment Center
Though these types of facilities are becoming more popular, our treatment facility is the best at addressing the needs of people in Nashville, Tennessee. Not only are we able to effectively address dual diagnosis conditions, but we are able to do so in a comfortable, healing environment.
We offer customizable treatment programs with a variety of options that each person may choose from. We also offer safe living spaces if a client chooses to live on-site, or we offer the flexibility of being able to live at home. Our facility is clean and renovated, our providers are leading professionals in their field, and our location provides easy access to treatment and to outside activities.
Our goal is to treat while not forcing our clients to become imprisoned. We never want them to feel like addiction is all that they are. Instead, we offer access to a life full of possibilities. We offer access to community, safety, and support. Through all of our services and programs, we look at each individual client as a person capable of great things if given the chance and support to achieve them.
Find Help Today
If you or a loved one are struggling with a combination of drug or alcohol addiction and mental health disorders, reaching out for help is the first step. It is the bravest step. At Southeast Addiction in Nashville, Tennessee, we are ready to speak with you, find out what you struggle with, and develop a plan that is able to help you. You will play an active role in the development of this plan, working closely with us to customize each service to your specific needs.
Call us today to discover if our dual diagnosis treatment program in Nashville, Tennessee is best suited to meet your needs. Our admissions department can help you determine if we accept your health insurance and if our programs are right for you.